Details
Our God is in the Details
By: Janet M. Norman
I recently purchased a bag of cherries π at the grocery store. I was having some with my lunch and noticed two cherries with perfect stems and one perfect tiny leaf attached to each end of the stem. Each minute edge of the leaves were marked with a sharp peak. I was enamored with them. I even took a picture of them because I thought they were absolutely adorable. As I was looking quite intently at them, I couldn’t help think about how our God is in the DETAILS of everything. He created this sweet tiny fruit, that contains a pit, that if planted could produce another cherry tree if cared for properly. π
Doesn’t this metaphorically speaking, identify with our lives as Christians and more specifically, disciples of Christ? We have been created and knitted together by the hand of God in our mothers’ wombs, given gifts, talents, and abilities, that if cultivated and practiced with love and care, could bring about a harvest of bounty with people. π€
I know our Father God loves us so much more than a cherry. But looking carefully at it, tiny details pop out within the leaves, shiny outer skin, strong stem, and fleshy fruit. We, should use this little example God gives us, as a reminder to be “sweet,” “smooth,” “gentle,” “strong,” but more importantly mindful of the details in how we treat others.
It just so happens today is Valentine’s Day and I shared so many incredible years with my late husband. Since his passing over 3 years ago, God has had me sitting still and waiting on Him. I have used this time to focus my mind on hearing His voice and allowing the Holy Spirit to guide me in my daily life.
I have also been a teacher for the past 26 years and witness all kinds of details. Details that focus on scores, details that develop skills, details in word choices between students and even colleagues. All of them cultivate either something positive or negative.
So what’s the point of this blog entry? I suppose it’s to remind each of us to be mindful of the details. Think critically, but positively. Our God loves us and has given us an incredible DETAIL we carry in our hearts when we accept the free gift of salvation. That detail is The Holy Spirit and He gently guides and directs us. If we get too caught up in life and never stop to refocus on our details, we can truly miss hearing from Him. And for that matter, opportunities.
I know I need to hear Him everyday. I pray you see the beautiful details God created in you. Don’t give the enemy authority you have been given. It is yours to stay connected to Our Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit - our triune God.
The next time you see a cherry, taste and see how sweet it is and let it be a reminder to be sweet to others and especially yourself. The joyful hike is not always easy, but it can be a lot easier when we surrender and allow God to carry our burdens. Be blessed and enjoy looking for life’s little details.

Beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you
DeleteWonderful piece, remind me to see details in everything I do. Ying
ReplyDeleteBeautifully written! I will look at everything in life a little differently now. I actually just bought some cherries on Sunday. ❤️πΈπ
ReplyDeleteThis is so beautiful and true Janet! I love your perspective and joy ! π
ReplyDeleteSo much punch in a little pit! Thank you Janet for God’s word and blessing. With so much competing for our hearts every day it’s easy to miss the cherry trees for the forest. Keep reminding us to keep life simple and sweet. π
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful metaphor Janet. I will think of this every time I eat cherries.
ReplyDeleteSo Beautiful and inspiring! I love to watch the trees bud in spring and turn into leaves that give us shade.we do not notice this growing up only later as we get older
ReplyDelete