Reflection




As another year closes let’s not forget to reflect upon the year. What were some happy moments that left your heart smiling?  Were there moments in which you needed to pause and take time to think things through before making a decision?  How about those valley moments where tears were shed and you realized you needed help?  Well, I can attest, my year has had all of these moments and much more. From January to May I finished my 27th year in public school teaching. June and July required me to be obedient to a calling to shift from public school teaching to teaching in a private Christian academy. I dove in and answered the call without hesitation because I knew the Lord had great plans for me. 

From the New Living Translation the book of Jeremiah‬ ‭29‬:‭11‬ says, “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. https://bible.com/bible/116/jer.29.11.NLT

This should bring great comfort to you. As we surrender our own desires before the Lord, He provides opportunities we couldn’t even fathom for ourselves. I honestly never thought I would leave public education. I thought it was my mission field and for a time, I am sure it was. But after losing my husband almost 5 years ago, and as my sons went off to college and have now graduated, I was being led to do something different. I thought I was going to be a Math or Science Coach to support teachers, but nothing opened up that gave my heart peace. 

After a call was made, an hour and a half conversation, the presence of the Holy Spirit was felt, I knew I had to be obedient to the call to move. It has been the best professional decision I’ve ever made. 

As August rolled around, trainings came and the school year started. I was blessed by being surrounded with kind loving people sharing a joy and love for Jesus with students and families on a daily basis. September, October, November flew by and now here we are at the end of December. 

Seeing the excitement and true meaning of Christmas shared through a school wide concert was one of the highlights of the year. Celebrating the birth of our Savior with so many gave my heart such peace and joy that I pray the world would come to know. 

As you continue your joyful hike of life through the New Year, my prayer is for your heart to be filled with more gratitude and the peace of God would overflow into your hearts and minds like never before. 

Be bold. Talk about Jesus. Listen to the Holy Spirit’s nudging you to do something. But be blessed because you are highly favored and are part of a royal priesthood. 

Wishing smiles and warm hugs for 2026,

Janet

Comments

  1. Congratulations Janet; and I am so glad you listened to that nudge of the Holy Spirit! Thank You for being bold and sharing with us gals. This is so positive as it shares with our women that even in loss and grief, if we are. willing, God can move us forward into great things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. God provides us grace whenever we need it. We just have to be willing to accept it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Newness and Freedom in Surrender

The Gift of a Dream on Our Anniversary