Father’s Day

Did you have a loving father?  My father loved me very much. He worked hard, provided for his family, cared for my grandparents, and planted a lavish garden every year that fed many of our neighbors. He cared and loved for my mom and brother, but had his earthly flaws. We had wonderful moments as I grew up, but also experienced a negative side of my father from his alcoholism. He never admitted he had a drinking problem, and it never effected his work, but being a child of the Great Depression caused him to hold on to insecurities, anger, and depression. 

Mom and dad celebrating their first Christmas in 1963.

Mom pregnant with me in 1972. I was born in 
May of 1973.

Thankfully, I was raised in a God fearing home. I learned at a young age to honor, respect, and worship the Lord Jesus. My heavenly Father knows exactly what I need and has never or ever will forsake me. He answered my prayers by providing an incredible spouse made perfectly for me. My Jason. 

My wedding in Jamaica in September 1995.

Our personalities complimented each other and our love grew as our faith and grace grew in our love that was rooted in putting Jesus as the Cornerstone of our marriage. We were blessed with two loving sons. I was fortunate to share over 28 years with my Jason. We dated for 3 years and were married over 25 years before he was diagnosed with a rare bile duct liver Cancer on December 15, 2020. 

Our world flipped upside down, but we never lost faith. We knew if this was the Lord’s plan, He knew what was best for our lives. It’s unfortunate to have lost the love of my life at 48 years old. Our sons witnessed a father that loved his wife, adored his children, had incredible work ethic, but always put the Lord first and foremost in his life. 

Being a young widow, now two and a half years without my husband, and having turned 50 years old I look at life differently than when I was married. I have had the opportunity to grow a deeper connection with my heavenly Father. Jesus is my husband. I have committed myself to Him unless he has other plans for my life. 

I have cried rivers of tears, fell into a deep depression, but allowed my heart to hurt as much as it wants. Grief is such a unique journey for everyone. My solace is the peace providing Holy Spirit. The loss I experienced from losing my mom at 29, my dad at 45, and my husband at 47 has given me many years to develop my faith, trust, and build my relationship with the Holy Spirit. 

Losing my husband was like half my soul was ripped off my body when he passed after a one month battle. The point is that it is The Holy Spirit that provides my peace. My husband left a legacy of love for our sons. His loved allowed them to grow into incredible men. They are adapting to life without their earthly father, but are learning to trust in God our Father. 

I thank God for the time He blessed me with my Jason. I pray for our sons’ future families. I pray they will raise sons and daughters that will make God their first priority. Bless all who reads these words. I am also incredibly thankful for my grandfather and his love for Jesus. He was a beautiful example of a loving husband and my grandparents were such a huge part of my childhood and instilling passion for Christ and willing sacrifice to better the Kingdom. 

My maternal grandparents, mom, dad, brother and me celebrating my grandparent’s 50th Wedding Anniversary. 

Comments

  1. Just beautful and so heartfelt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said Mrs. Janet Norman. You are in my prayers and been thinking about you guys for quite a while. Please contact me at 386-451-5063. Would love to catch up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I'm so glad you were able to put in words what has been in your heart and soul. Thank you for sharing this beautiful attribution to your husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is my desire to help as many people as possible with the Love I get through Jesus Christ.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Newness and Freedom in Surrender

The Gift of a Dream on Our Anniversary

Reflection