The Shift
By: Janet M. Norman
How do you shift from happily married to happily widowed? I believe the best way is to take your mind off of your own wants and desires. I know that sounds cliche, but as Christians, when you accept Christ into your heart, there is a physical change in who you are on a soul level. The Holy Spirit is deposited into our heart and minds. We are fortunate to have Him because without him, we are truly left for the enemy to ravage.
My husband would always give me flowers on Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, my birthday, and just because days.He would have two dozen roses sent to my school so I could enjoy the flowers all day. He had a way of making me feel so special. He loved me with all my flaws. He was so patient and calming. I truly miss his presence in our home.
A recent devotional I completed with the Holy Bible App called, “Do Not Be Anxious… but how?” dove into Philippians 4 which is a God-prescribed way to deal with our anxieties and fears. His Word tells us, “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Philippians 4:6 NLT https://bible.com/bible/116/php.4.6.NLT
I try to make a conscientious decision to tell God everything that’s going through my mind. Since my husband isn’t around to engage in conversation, I talk to the Lord more than ever. I am also in a season of waiting which adds to my fear factor. All I can do is take baby steps that are as big as a centimeter. My joyful hike is the desire of my heart. I try to stay positive and surround myself with loving people that truly care about me.
I know God wants me to be happy, I just have to choose to be happy. As I watch couples share their love for each other, my heart smiles as I remember the sweet sentiments my loving Jason gave me. I am so thankful for those memories.
If you are experiencing loss, I encourage you to read the book of Philippians in the Bible. Don’t lose hope, keep loving, keep joy close to your heart, try to be thankful in all circumstances, but most of all include prayer to God as part of your joyful hike.
Wishing God’s overflowing abundance of blessings on you all.







Comments
Post a Comment