2 Years Grieving

By: Janet M  Norman

This is the man I loved and still love. This is why I write this blog: to keep our love legacy alive and to help others understand what life can be like while grieving. 








I just want to thank everyone who reached out to check on me over these two years without my love. Loneliness is a slow death. With both my sons off at college out of state I have had to be introspective and challenge myself to get out of bed just to go to work. 


Anxiety and Depression are such serious mental illnesses. I got sucked into a deep pit of despair this past year and I’m truly thankful for the calls from my sons and my loving friend Carol Hartwell to check in on me daily and bi-weekly. If it wasn’t for the love I have for my Savior, I’m not sure if my life would be as it is. In fact, I know it wouldn’t. 


As people are grieving, emotions are all over the place. Sometimes we want to talk, other times we don’t. We can be happy, sad, angry, exhausted, and a plethora of emotions all wrapped up into a great knot on your life rope. Having people in your life that you trust is vital for climbing back into society. 


If you have never lost a loved one, experiencing that pain is just unexplainable until life has you experience it. I lost my mother when I was 29, my dad when I was 45, and my husband when I was 48. That’s a lot of loss. With no family in Naples and extended family in South Carolina and the Midwest, my friends are my life line for people connection. 


So if you have been a part of my life at some point - thank you. If I haven’t called or texted, I just didn’t have the energy for it. If you want to be part of my life, send me a text or a message to get together. I am forcing myself to start LIVING again. I just have to do it. I know Jason would want me to be happy.  This is my way of taking the first step into new happiness. 



I saw this picture sign at Home Goods today and it really hit home. I have to want joy and I do. As always, I will close with my life verses. “Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.”

‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5‬:‭16‬-‭18‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Newness and Freedom in Surrender

The Gift of a Dream on Our Anniversary

Reflection